torsdag 18 december 2014

Re: There was a problem with your release

Igår laddade jag upp vår singel "I'm willing to take the risk" på nätet via Spinnup.

Spinnup's affärsidé är att vara "the easiest and most exciting way to sell your music online" Och det är verkligen easy. Ladda upp lite .wav och .jpg och klicka i att det ska släppas så snart som möjligt. Sen är det klart!

Trodde jag.

Det jag inte visste var att det är då det most exciting tar vid.

Idag fick jag nämligen ett e-brev betitlat "There was a problem with your release". Det var från SpinnupHQ. Så här skrev de:

"Uh oh!

We are very sorry to say that your release I’m willing to take the risk didn’t quite work.

The great news is it’s easily fixed! Here’s what happened and what you do next …
Please edit the following:

1) Album title should be written as: I’m Willing to Take the Risk

2) Cover art: Please remove “A-side” and “B-side”, such indications aren’t allowed on a digital release according to store guidelines. Furthermore, you need to remove the second track title from the cover art (“Harold Pinter’s Nobel Lecture”), unless you add it to the album title. Then the album title should go as:

I’m Willing to Take the Risk / Harold Pinter’s Nobel Lecture

Go to “Finish release”, edit and re-import! (By datte

Enter your release on your Spinnup profile, and correct the errors stated in the message, then hit re-import. Please ensure you edit the current release which has been rejected in your release dashboard. If you delete this release and start again you risk being charged twice.

Your release will then be on its way to the stores!

Best SpinnupHQ"



Problemet var alltså att jag skrivit saker på omslaget som inte ingick i singelns titel och att jag dessutom använt förbjudna indictations som "Side-A" och "Side-B" (som tur var hade jag inte skrivit att det var en singel på omslaget vilket givetvis också bryter mot store guidelines så till vida singeln inte heter "singel" då det faktiskt är helt okej)

Givetvis anpassade jag mig efter dessa anvisningar, laddade upp ett nytt omslag utan de förbjudna beskrivningarna med den korrekta benämningen "I'm Willing to Take the Risk / Harold Pinter's Nobel lecture".

Nu sitter jag och funderar på om det räcker? Eller behöver jag justera mer?

De skickade brevet med en no-reply-adress vilket gör att jag inte kan svara på det. Alltså gör jag det här i bloggen istället. För säkerhets skull på engelska (tror Spinnup:arna är svenskar eftersom de signade Albin men helt säker är jag inte). Okej, här är mitt reply:

"Oh, I totally get it, sorry, it's edited now.

What was I thinking? "Side-A"? Like it was the 80's or something. 

Anyway, both "Side-A" and "Side-B" are removed now. 

I really don't know what to do with them so could you please store them for me in case I release the single on vinyl later? Would really, really appreciate it. 

I'll attach them at the end of this sentence separated with a "/": Side-A / Side-B 

Also, are you OK with the fact that some of my lyrics are made up? Like not autobiographical? I mean, could that confuse the listeners? 

And since English isn't my native language I'm not that good at pronouncing. To be honest, it's mostly swenglish. How shall we deal with that?

I have an idea. 

Maybe we could write the words I have a hard time pronouncing (like "disapoint", I'm terrible at pronouncing that, oh wait, it's supposed to be two p's in disappoint isn't it? See, I can't even spell it!) on the cover of the single so ... 

AHHH WHAT AM I DOING! ONLY THE ACTUAL TITLE ON THE COVER, NO OTHER WORDS!!!

*sigh*

This is so hard.

Yours sincerely
Andreas"

Hoppas vår singel inte ställer till det ytterligare.

Frågan är dock vad Spinnup skulle gjort om de t ex fått ansvaret för Radioheads utgåvor och de var tvungna att ta ställning till Stanley Donwood's omslag till "Hail to the Thief"?


Inga kommentarer: